Today at Inc.com, I read about the best industries in which to start a new business. Here is the list:
1. Wearable Computing, ala Google Glass
2. Artisanal Alcohol (love this one, Philly has its own Art in the Age and some other really cool spirit distillers)
3. Cruise Specialists - this one's shocking, considering all the terrible cruise press that has come out in the past year
4. Online Education
5. Consumer Health Technology: fitbit, anyone?
6. Specialized Online Retail: kitchy and customized are at the top!
7. 3-D Printing: this still blows my mind
8. Virtual Data Rooms: can contain all those legal litigation filings- yipee!
Are you starting a business in one of these categories? I see a lot of #6 and am a big fan of #2, but would love to hear stories from other industries!
Sarah E. Holmes is a Philadelphia business attorney and strategist that helps start ups and established businesses looking to expand, protect their assets and increase their profits in an approachable, down-to-earth way. When you're looking for a business lawyer in Philadelphia, the Main Line or New Jersey, we can help.