You may have some questions about working with me, so I've assembled this FAQ to give you some additional information.
1. Q: Do you offer free consultations? A: I offer one free initial phone consult to determine if we're a good fit to work together. If you want to meet in-person before retaining my services, I charge my hourly rate for a one hour consult. If you retain my services within three business days, the consult fee will be credited toward your first invoice.
2. Q: When do you have an appointment available? Can I come at night or on a weekend? Can I drop by and talk to you right now? A: Client appointments are scheduled Tuesday/Wed/Thurs/Fri between noon and 5pm. Night or weekend appointments are scheduled on a case by case basis. NO walk-ins are accepted, please make an appointment.
3. Q: What is your appointment cancellation policy? A: I expect the courtesy of 24 hours notice if you need to cancel an appointment. Appointments cancelled the same day will not be rescheduled and we are likely not a good fit to work together.
4. Q: What are your rates? Do you work hourly or on a flat fee? A: My services are priced based on your particular project and needs. I understand financial constraints when starting a business, so I make an effort to make my legal services affordable. That being said, please see #5 and #6.
5. Q: I just started my business and I haven't made any money yet, so I can't pay a business lawyer to properly set up my business or protect myself, my assets, and this new business. I'm sure I'll be fine, right? A: Um, good luck to you. If you don't think properly protecting yourself, your assets and your business is worth paying for, then I really can't help you and we're probably not a good fit to work together.
6. Q: I've called 15 other lawyers today and their rates are lower than yours. Why the difference? A: Because my services are not the same as those of 15 other lawyers. When you hire a lawyer, you are hiring a lawyer, ie: an actual person. You are paying to work with that particular person and to have access to their particular experiences, insights, point of view and advice. If you believe you are only hiring me to fill out a form, you can save a bunch of money and go hire Joe at the corner gas station to fill out your legal papers for you. You hire me because of the particular experience, point of view and advice I bring to the table. A tiny nugget of insight I can give you could be worth thousands of dollars to your business. I could get a $10 haircut in a strip mall, pay $200 at a high end spa, or have my husband cut my hair for free. In the end, I end up with a haircut, so what's the difference? See my point?
7. Q: I could use one of those online legal services to set up my business pretty cheaply and not have to talk to a human being that will ask me a bunch of annoying questions and make me think. Why shouldn't I just do that? A. Sure, you can certainly have one of those online services set up your business, but you won't actually learn anything about how your business is set up, or why, or what any of the documents in that huge folder they send you actually mean. And assuming you get your business off the ground and start making money, I guarantee that sooner or later you will need a lawyer and you'll be scrambling about on Google looking for help when you could've just called or emailed me. The best time to find a lawyer is before you actually need one.
8. Q: What can I expect if we work together? How quickly do you respond to emails and calls? A: If we work together, you can expect that you'll be treated with courtesy, consideration and like the serious business owner that you are. Therefore, I expect that you treat your business seriously. If we have a meeting or phone call scheduled, I expect that you respect my time and your business enough to keep all appointments, provide information as requested and be honest and candid in all of our interactions. All phone calls and emails are generally returned next business day. We will discuss your project deadlines at the outset of our relationship and make sure we both understand expectations.
9. Q: Do you have experience in my particular industry? What sort of businesses do you represent? A: I have represented businesses across a wide variety of industries. Before starting my own law firm, I also represented businesses ranging from big box stores to mom and pop shops. Please call me to discuss your particular business and its needs. If I feel you need a specialist for your industry, I can refer you to the appropriate expert.
10. Q: I want to sue someone and/or I'm being sued, can you help me? A: If you have a business litigation issue, please call me to discuss your particular matter. I have extensive litigation experience and take litigation cases on a case-by-case basis. Note, however, that most business litigation cases will require a retainer and are not handled on a contingency fee basis.
Sarah Holmes Law 150 Monument Road, Suite 207 Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 and new location center city 1650 Market Street 36th Floor Philadelphia, PA 19103
215-482-0285 or 267-207-2744 email@example.com
All site content is subject to copyright 2018 by Holmes Business Law P.C. This website and its content herein constitutes attorney advertising. Any content on this website should be construed as informational, not legal advice. No information on this website is intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Only a signed fee agreement between Sarah E. Holmes and the client will establish an attorney-client relationship. Use of any information on this site is provided "AS IS" with no warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Always consult with a licensed attorney in your own state for legal advice.